Prerequisites for running the PmWiki wiki engine:
- PHP(approve sites) 4.3 or later
- PHP 5.3 or later is recommended
- for PHP 5.5 to 7.1 compatibility use the current version of PmWiki
- Some sort of webserver that can run PHP scripts.
PmWiki has been reported to work with the following OS/webserver combinations:
PmWiki has been reported not to work on:
- Mac OS before Mac OS X because there's no PHP available
- Specific Release Candidate builds of PHP 5.3 for Windows may not work correctly with passwords
The Standalone recipe provides a special, bare-bones webserver application that can be used to run PmWiki in places where another webserver isn't available.
PmWiki can also be run from a USB drive.